Saturday 13 February 2010

Questionnaire Results

As I know that R&B magazines are a major competition in the music market and is hard to gain the reader’s attention, I had picked an unfamiliar genre which is Korean pop to market the magazine as a unique magazine. Even though I had asked the audience of what type of music they would listen to, majority had said hip hop and R&B. Therefore I must also include these two genres to keep the audience appealed. The audience was then asked how much they would pay for a monthly magazine, £2.00. This is an average cost and therefore tells me that the cost of production is average. I asked the audience how often they would buy a magazine and that was fortnightly; this straight away tells me that my magazine should be released every two weeks. I also asked what attracted them to buy the magazine and the majority said the cover and the gossip. The name did not appeal to them as much as the other two and this immediately tells me that my name of the magazine must be catchy and appealing. Looking at the results, the audience wanted a variety of things in the magazine such as fashion, gossip, reviews and competitions. This tells me that the audience will be targeted to young female teenagers as fashion and gossip occurred the most numerous of times. Also, as I had asked the question of what they prefer as freebies the majority said mini gifts. Mini gifts would have a major cost to the magazine than the production and as the audience preferred the magazine to be released monthly the magazine should be priced at £2.00. The final question of the questionnaire asked whether they wanted the magazine to feature upcoming new artists, a large percentage said yes so therefore I must include that in my magazine.

Overall the questionnaire has told me that the audience would like a monthly magazine priced at £2.00. That it should contain not just Korean Pop but hip hop and R&B to keep the audience appealed and that they preferred mini gifts as freebies.

No comments:

Post a Comment